View Single Post
Old 04/02/2007, 11:25 PM
Carpe Noctem

I can't complain about GEO... I had problems with a pump and he drop shipped me a new one the same day That's the only negative I've had with the skimmer. Otherwise it truly has been a set it and forget it skimmer and it pulls out some serious funk!

I water tested the frag tank today No leaks, no popping and no bowing. I did it outside at first, but the weather gods were not on my side, so I moved it inside for another test. It looks much bigger with the protective paper sheets off of it and full of water~

Onto the vermetid pic. you can see here that the tubes have been broken off and so far, I have yet to see anything pop out the end of any of the broken off tubes. So I can only assume that the crab eats the snail from the inside and moves onto the next one. Someone asked how I knew it was the hermit that was snacking on them and I can only say that I've seen him break one tube and then discard it. He then started snacking out of the hole. Hopefully I can catch him with a camera one of these days.