Thread: Our Tbs
View Single Post
Old 03/23/2007, 04:50 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Redstratplayer
I love the TBS brain corals!!!!
Open and Favia brains are what got me into the hobby.

I am going to order TBS in a month. Do you think if I ask they will ship me a few TBS brains, maybe instead of the stars and cukes???

Also what’s the difference between the Florida and the gulf rock?
Can you pick which type of rock you get?

Pat
I read “Name that thing on my TBS rock” part 1 and I read some of part two
Did your tank crash? Because (No offence meant) It looks nothing like what it did (were did all that color go??).
No offense taken....
No, the tank did not crash. Many of the real colorful sponge died off after a few months. The tunicates also did. (although they are coming back now)
I also wound up getting another tank with different type rock, because there are things with the setup of the 90g that I don't care for, and my husband didn't want to fix or change.
I wound up selling my tank, and took out about ½ the TBS rock in our current tank and added some of the other type rock I had. I've pretty much left the maintenance up to my husband since then, and the tank doesn't look as good as it used to. I still have my wonderful brain coral and it's doing fantastic. Some of the uglier color sponges are still there.
I really haven't taken many closeups of the tank in a long time. I'll have to do that so you can see there still is color.
I noticed there wasn't much coralline on the rocks, and bought some calcium but I don't know if my husband is putting it in faithfully or not. I had noticed it starting to color up, but I don't see any great improvements in a few weeks now.

As far as TBS shipping you brains instead of the cukes, etc.....you'll have to ask Richard. I don't know if they were all wiped out with the red tide epidemic they had. He's usually great with shipping you the kind/size rock you're looking for.