View Single Post
Old 03/22/2007, 11:58 PM
HELP SLOW

Because you have a smaller tank you should also consider what is going to happen to your water quality when you train a Mandarin to eat prepared food. You need to shut down all pumps and flood the tank with food. Most will not eat out of the water column at first, if ever, and the food will settle so they can pick it off as they please. Daily water changes will probably need to be preformed to keep your water decent.

I have had my Mandarin since 2001. She has gone thru spells when she was very thin. I trained her to eat prepared foods but she does not prefer them and does not eat them daily. Only when my pod population takes a hit, like after interceptor.

The work to maintain a healthy mandarin in a 29g will be a lot. You will need to feed 3 times a day while training to eat and maintain water quality so you will prolly need to do daily WC's.

Many reefers start out with a sun coral and later give it away because of the daily feeding they require. Times that work by 5 and that is what you will be looking at in my opinion.

RC Mandarin FAQ

http://reefcentral.com/modules.php?s...showpage&pid=3

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE

they paved paradise and put up a parking lot.