View Single Post
Old 02/26/2007, 05:24 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by marcrunner
Sorry for all of the ques. James, I am not sure of the brand as it was pulled from the scrap pile. With a good amount of force, I was able to pull those sheets apart--not a good sign. For my second set, I stepped up to a .22mm pin, for a larger gap between the sheets. I also used more solvent not worrying how big the pool of solvent was in front of me. These joints appear better, with that crazing look that I had before only residing on the outer edges of the joint. The center of the joint is perfectly clear, which I assume is what I am ultimately going for. I will post pics of those when it cures a little. If the joints were perfect, would I physically be able to pull the pieces apart?
The brand of acrylic is IMO a big deal, just being cell cast acrylic is simply not enough as there are varying degrees of quality among cast acrylic mfrs and the resins they use. So stick with the names noted above
If the joints were perfect, no - you would not be able to separate the pcs. You'd generally crack the acrylic first.

HTH,
James