View Single Post
Old 02/11/2007, 06:12 AM
Team RC Member

Quote:
Originally posted by longhornreefer
I have been following bubble masters for a few months now, and I may try one on my own personal reef, but when recommending a skimmer to go on the 4th FL of a hospital above a few million dollars worth of MRI machines etc, its Deltec all the way, helps me sleep at night.
Sorry to be such a stickler for detail, but I can't let this pass. It's not a hospital, it's a medical office building. You are correct in that there is a lot of expensive equipment beneath our office, including an outpatient surgery center and radiology facility on the 1st floor. We certainly don't want a flood to drain down through the floors below. This was a major factor in the planning of this system.

Since Brian and John are "sandbagging" I'll provide a small update. The sandstorm is almost completely clear, and the aquascape looks fantastic (nice work, John!). There is plenty of swimming room despite 400 lb of LR, and there are a number of large and small arches. Most importantly, there are ample flat spaces upon which to mount corals. The 'scape was well planned out, with different zones for SPS, LPS, rics and clams. There will be some mixing of species throughout the reef, but we will also have these specific zones of concentration as well.

Despite the massive amount of water flow, the tank runs nearly silently, which is important since it's in an office waiting room. We open our doors to patients tomorrow, and while the kids will only have lit rocks and sand to look at, I'm sure they'll still find it interesting.

Jonathan - love the removable comb, thanks for the idea.

And thanks, everyone, for the excellent comments and input.