View Single Post
Old 01/19/2007, 06:55 PM
Registered Member

i got my calcium reactor hooked up today. dual chamber marintech and i'm using an eheim 1262 pump for supply. for media i'm using a type of 'reef bone'. i've heard very good stuff about this media so i'm trying it. this is the first reactor i have ever hooked up and used so input on my adjustments would be great. i've started with 1 drip effluent to 4 bubbles co2 per min. i tested the tank prior to starting the unit and i'm going to keep a chart of reactions in the tank compared to adjustments on the reactor.

i finally got some pictures of the mounting of my controller. excuse the wiring for now. i started to clean it up and then they are going to replace the powerbars for the controller so i'm going to wait until i get the new bars

i also installed the 3 fan assembly i bought for the profilux controller. it is a variable speed fan controlled by the controller but i need to get a 'y' adapter to hook it up so for now i'm just turning it on with the lighting. prior to getting this fan my tank was hitting 85.1 and now it stabilizes at 83.8. big difference for such a small unit. i'm worried though when i increase my photoperiod that the tank temp will rise as well. if it does then i will install some fans in the canopy