View Single Post
Old 12/27/2006, 05:42 PM
Registered Member

Not trying to but in but what I am idealy trying to do is plumb all of my equipment from my basement to my tank in the dining room. One problem from the basement floor to the top of my tank is about 14'. The horizontal run is about 25'. I have an AGA 125 pre-drilled w/ 2-meagaflow overflows, 1" feeds and 3/4 returns. I think I am going to use the 3/4 holes as additional feeds, t'in them into the 1" and then into sump. So if 1" is rated for 600 GPH of flow by adding the 2 additional 3/4 ones I should have somewhere near 1800 GPH of overflow water from my tank to my sump. I was planning on running 1.5 PVC pipe, keeping in mind that it will ultimatley be reduced to 1" at the tank where it splits into 4- 3/4 locline outlets over the top of my tank. Minimal use of 90's I will use as much spa-flex as possible to make gradual changes in direction. I am looking for a return pump for my sump and a pump for a closed loop probably plumbed to a OM 4-way. Id like 5x turnover out of my sump and 30x+ turnover from the closed loop. I was looking at the hammerhead and the Mantaray, fantasticaquatic.com has them for real cheap online $299 w/ shipping. Let me know what you think. And if you guys think that this setup sounds bad let me know, I only want to do this once so Id rather do it right the first time(to save some sanity and especially my wallet) Thanks in advance Jay