View Single Post
Old 12/24/2006, 02:40 PM
TRC Leader

Quote:
Originally posted by antesco
Hi Marc,

Yet another split... will you remind us which one was that ?

May I take the opportunity to wish you all Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Health to you and your families above all, but also success in your reef projects too !

Thanos
This is split #7, and we are on page 347 of this diary. The tank has been running 847 days.

The blue millepora I fragged recently continues to RTN with no stopping in sight. It makes me sad for such a large piece to die, but at the same time it allows me a spot for a new coral finally. Very often I find myself at the LFS looking at pretty corals but know there's no point purchasing it as there aren't any suitable locations in my tank.

I did a water change last week; the last one was easily 4 to 6 weeks ago. Oddly enough, now I see what appears to be signs of dinoflagellates on the back wall of the tank. You'd think new water would improve water quality. Hmmm.

purebullet417 - Just make it with three sections. The intake area should be just large enough to hold your skimmer and its pump. The other two would be refugium and return zone. If possible, divide the refugium and return zone evenly. Do you plan to use an auto top off device?

Last edited by melev; 12/24/2006 at 02:52 PM.