View Single Post
Old 11/28/2006, 10:11 PM
Registered Member

i think as long as ur tank is doing very well and has lots of random flow wilds wont be that much of an issue....

u also have to pick nice corals that look very healthy... luckily i can go to the wholesalers at LAX where they all come in from fiji, tonga, etc and pick from there.... meaning less shipping to other shops and a lot better healthier specimene which i would think makes a huge difference....
i used to lose wild pieces but i think my issue then was low alk caused by bad salt....

now i have the following which are doing very nicely

i have a very large wild sarmentosa acro which is yellow with pink tips and ive had it now for like 8 weeks and it hasnt darkened up at all.....

i also have a smaller tennis ball sized sarmentosa which had browned out a lil but color is coming back.... it fell over into my yuma and half was killed but it has finally all regrown in the last 3 months

i also have a nice yellow table that started really small and is growing nicely and has stayed a nice yellow

i have a large wild acro nobilis staghorn which is blue with bright blue tips has hold its color pretty nicely the body is more of a blue/brown now but the tips are bright baby blue and this thing has grown an inch on all tips in about 4 weeks

i have a wild tenuis that is cream with blue coralites and neon yellow centers and it has been doing very well

i have a wild pink pocciloporra that has doubled its size in 5 months

i have a wild acro nana that is bright purple and is growing nicely

so i would say as long as u can get a fresh healthy wild acro u should be fine more than a 50-50 shot IMO

MASVC member