View Single Post
Old 10/30/2006, 12:19 AM
Invertebrate Advocate

Quote:
Originally posted by jnarowe
Thanks for your response Brian. I tried the shaking deal but any that did come out got lost on the floor. The bucket idea is my next step. The other issue is am I losing egg masses when I get rid of the cheato?

BTW, I have not totally figured which these are. They appear to be the DIBS turbo sp. but some have interesting colorations like the nerites.
Yeah the bucket idea works best for me, also pull the thickest part of the cheato apart and then shake, it only takes a few seconds, but I only export a baseball sized clump every 2-3 weeks. I don't know if the DIBS Turbos lay egg masses in the cheato, but I would GUESS they don't, every time I've found an egg mass it was attached to a hard surface so I think they would skip the cheato.

Only time will tell with the snails growing up if they are the Turbos and Nerites, odds would favor the Turbos, but if you get Nerites that would be WAY cool.

Brian