View Single Post
Old 10/28/2006, 06:35 PM
Registered Member

It has been said several times here: breed ocellaris to fund the breeding of anything else. It is quite simply the single most recognizable and popular marine tropical fish, it is one of the easiest to breed and ironically about the easiest to make profitable. Go figure, what other business is out there where the easiest thing to do is the most profitable?? About the only reason I can think of not to choose oc's is if there is someone in your immediate area already doing it. One breeder can easily saturate a large local market, there is no point in hobbyists "competing" with each other. If that were the case I'd probably choose percs or gsm's, or move on to the dottybacks or possibly neon gobies. All are doable and no special foods are required like with those dream mandarins you want a $million for Thay are popular fish that will sell well. For whatever reason I can't give away tomato clowns, clarkii's might be good though