View Single Post
Old 10/20/2006, 10:50 AM
DIY Guru

Yes another custom tank

Okay, well the tank is still under assembly but since I posted on another site for a contest I figured I'd post it here as well... I'll have an actual pic posted tomorrow.

The entire tank's dimensions are 48x12x8 with a built in filtration/refugium. The available display volume is 11.29 gallon and sump/refugium can hold a max of 5.39 gallons. These volumes are based on actual water dimensions as the tank is built out of 3/8". I'll post some pictures when the tank is finished but for now, here's a CAD rendering of what to expect. I figured I'd try to do something never seen before so here is my 4 footer which will be wall (shelf) mounted.

The black part of the false wall will be removable so I can see directly into the sump if I need to. Each each end will spill over and go through a HOB filter cartridge before going through refugiums (again one for each end) and then the return pump will be located in the middle. The pump will feed a return manifold of 6 which will return the water 1" above the bottom of the tank. The returns are angled via loclines, bouncing the water off the display panels creating random flow throughout. The only maintenance should be to replace the filter cartidges which will also handle my carbon.

Planned lighting will be dual VHO's in an acrylic canopy...

Member of the 1000 watt bulb club