View Single Post
Old 10/02/2006, 11:58 AM
Rare Clownfish Freak

Every, and I mean EVERY fish that is exported from AU has exportation paperwork that fully documents where the fish came from, rather that was off a reef or from some breeders tank.

Every, and again I mean EVERY shipment of live animals imported into the US, has to have proper documentation to pass US fish and wildlife and US customs inspections. Any fish coming from AU will use the AU paper work to prove where the fish came from and what they are.

In fact the AU paperwork is so detailed it will tell exactly when the fish was caught, where with GPS cords and by whom. When and where the fish passed thru each and every inspection point until it leaves AU.

If anyone at the importer is telling there is "no paperwork" they are 110% full of BS. This is not insider or trade secret types of things going on here. Any importer should be able and willing to produce a copy. Oh, and the old excuse of "we do keep that stuff", is total BS and the paperwork has to kept for 3 years to meet US law requirements.

Quote:
Originally posted by BlueZooAquatics
Is there some sort of 'wild caught' documentation that I can try to find for them that I dont know about? I asked the supplier and he basically said the same thing I did about how people usually want CB certification. So..... I dunno

Adrienne
Livestock Manager
Blue Zoo Aquatics