View Single Post
Old 09/26/2006, 08:08 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dantodd
I know about their pair. There are actually a couple good pics in the clownfish forum of the male who is the misbar. The female of the pair is normally barred.

It does appear that the mis-barring is genetic and not just a matter of poor nutrition/grow out tank parameters which seems to cause a lot of the less dramatic mis-barring that we see.

Depending upon who you ask it seems that a very small percentage of the offspring of picasso producers are actually dramatically mis-barred. What AC had were either less dramatic mis-bars from this pair or significantly mis-barred clowns from another pair. I am fairly certain they were labeled picasso.

Of course, this is the problem with common names. These names like onyx, snowflake, jigsaw etc. are all unrelated to the species of the fish, they area color morph and as such there are no real rules to what one might call the fish or which fish can have the names applied.
Does Vince and Kevin count :d That's whom I talked to, and since they run the hatchery, I'm banking on what they say