View Single Post
Old 08/31/2006, 08:31 PM
Registered Member

First Attempt Mixed Reef 280 Build!

I've finally decided that im ready to start my own thread on my build of my new 280 gallon tank that has been sitting in my garage for the past few months now.. I wanted to wait until i own my own house to get a nice big tank but the temptation to upgrade from my 72, i just couldn't wait any longer.. So i settled for the biggest i could probably do in this house that im renting now a 72x30x30 acrylic built from socalcreations.. In about two years i will own my own house and already planning on my "hopefully" final tank a 96-120x48x30 tank.

In the past couple of years i've only own FOWLR tank so this will be my first attempt with some corals. I more of a fish guy so this tank will be center around lots of fish with few corals to color it up. Start with soft corals and few lps then work my way towards sps corals.

Equipment list:
Tank:72x30x30 External Overflow
Sump: 50x22x18 Skimmer - return - refuge
RO/DI: Thyphoon III
Skimmer: Asm G4x recric/gate valve mod
Lighting: Three 250w 14k pheonix bulbs in the new SLS Lumen Max 3 Reflectors
Flow: Mag 18 return"want slow flow through might sump but it might be not enough" Two Tunze stream 6100's on multicontroller might add a 6200 or two if needed.. "will saved if not needed for the newer tank"
Reactors: Kalk/Calicum reactors added on later when corals come into play.. phosphan reactors for phosphan and carbon.