View Single Post
Old 08/18/2006, 07:00 PM
Keeper of the Hair Algae

120 Reef Office Build (75 upgrade)

Well, my 75 g reef in my previous office was just reaching one year in age when, suddenly, we had to move!

I was not ready to move, much less upgrade my tank. I found out in the third week of June that we'd begin moving on July 1st, and have to be out of my former offices on August 1st. To complicate things, my vacation was already planed for two weeks in July! And! I could not spot the new tank until the last week in July as new flooring had to be installed first!! Yikes!!!!

Fortunately, I have been collecting equipment for a new large tank system at my new house. I was hoping to start construction in earnest this month on the new system at home starting from the fish room out to the display. So, I have tons of equipment stored for that project. Were it not for this, I'd have been in deep ...

So, here we go ...

My new office ...

[IMG][/IMG]

The under stairs closet/Fish Room To Be ...

[IMG][/IMG]

The 120 finally in place ...

[IMG][/IMG]

Some system details ...

This a used 120 I purchased to be my frag/isolation tank for my future home system.

In the Fish Room for the 120, there is: a 75g Fuge/Frag tank with t-5 lighting; a drain fed skimmer sump with ASM G4x; a 30g DIY sump from my former 75g system; a 1/4 hp chiller run on a CL which provides flow to my fuge/frag tank; and GEO Kalk reactor.

I may expand this but for now, that's what's in there.

For lighting on the display, I used the lights from my 75g. Dual Hamilton 175 MHs with 10k Ushio SE bulbs, I upgraded to Lumenarc Mini reflectors (I had em in storage) and I love them!
To fit them I had to cut back from 210 watts of T-5 s to 165 watts (three 48" 54watt tubes).

I'll post more pics soon.

Happy Reefing!!!

Flow in the 120 is provided by the Mag 9.5 return (split between the fuge & display), a Vortech PH and a Tunze 6000, I have a Tunze 6100 on the way as well (should be in Monday!! )