View Single Post
Old 07/21/2006, 11:57 PM
Moved On

cfd3lsd, From what you are saying it be best if you a fish doctor anywhere near you for the eel what need to be examine and possibly X-rayed and if it comes to the worst, surgery. Now I'm sorry I don`t know the name of those types of hospitals are called and there is one about two hours I think from where I live.

OOPS!, The thought I had in mind was to offer you that Monday I would call them to get the information for you to post it here, but you are all the way on the other end of the country.

I will still call and get the name for maybe there be one around by you. Just out of curiosity, how did this happen and how long ago and when was the last time the eel fed?

Also, which species of eel is this? And if your feeding fresh strips of fish, it will be best to offer the eel shorter and thinner strips then it would normally feed on. You need to help it out to manage to feed so you will not, or possibly later be pulling your hair out when it not had feed for 5-6 months or more.

If you a larger type of eel, this not feeding for 5 months would be nothing to be so concern about, but do offer this eel real small strips of fish in the eel feedings.

Also if you any aggressive fish in this tank, it would be best to move them out.

I hope your eel will recover for it`s rather hard for me to tell without viewing it for myself

Buddy ><{{{{">