View Single Post
Old 06/29/2006, 07:07 AM
niiiiiiice car

lol well I was actually thinking/wondering if it would be possible (once I put the slide show together) if possibly I could put it on some website and then place it in the new hobbyists forum, that way everyone could see it if they want to. maybe I should contact a mod about that.

I know that when I started, I relied on so many people, and each had different conflicting information to tell me. I ended up spending way too much on a system that wasn't ample for what I needed.

I also think that this site is by far one of the best places to find your own information to your specific question, it's even better when the search engine actually works... but anyway...

Thankyou to the many people that have pointed out how important it is to keep it simple. I do just want to present the basics and information that is the most important that i think kids/people really need to understand before they start, such as water chemistry (the cycle and all that good stuff...)

spoiledcats- thank you for that suggestion! I think that is a great idea, and maybe that will also help people to understand why i picked out certain equipment, especially for a smaller tank with less water volume.

TJimino- I got in this hobby because of the clown trigger, it was my favorite fish. like spoiledcats suggested, i think it would be an important topic to cover impulse buys on fish and what ones are not suitable. I wanted a reef tank but it's a good thing i found out before hand that they were not reef safe fish

Duchess- thank you for suggesting that I advertise in the school newspaper and such! I hadn't thought of that yet.

Thank you so much to everyone so far! This is really a big help. Also, once i pull my slideshow together, I am going to try to get 2 people that I know to review my information to make sure they think it is accurate and adequate. To have some very experienced people review it will be a big help to make sure I don't leave anything out.

If I were able to put this on the newbie forum do you think it would be a big help if others could see it also, online?

Thanks again! Keep it coming!

Kelly