Thread: New Fish Store
View Single Post
Old 06/21/2006, 08:08 PM
Moved On

MSM, perhaps failure was to harsh of a word. Sorry for being so rash. I meant no direction.

Your welcome Ceretta, but let me clarify further.

I dont believe the stores feel as though frag sellers are a threat to their business at all. At least not the ones I talk to. It would be foolish for any of the store owners to think that way, as they have a much higher turn around on livestock and can afford to house more species than any size tank you guys could muster up. This is not a derogatory statement, just a fair one. Does anyone have more than 1000 gallons running in their home at the same time? If there is, congratulations and my apologies.

If you make very little money selling coral, then why sell at all? Makes little sense to me, but then again, perhaps I think on a more giving level.

Your recollection would serve you well Cerreta as I have never had the pleasure of meeting you or anyone else here. I think I'd like to meet Phlipper and AzReefKeeper someday though. Business people usually understand each other better.

And Owsi, at first I thought you had a sense of humor. Don't you mean a turnout of 30-40 with a possibility of no leadership skills? Perhaps you may have the ego and are afraid of what a club would mean for your standing. Could there be someone out there in Salt Land that has more knowledge and experience than the Tribal Leader? My guess is that there is. BTW, clubs I have been to in Southern California have no dues and no egos. Just a bunch of great people who get together and talk reef and are willing to help out any new people and build up the LFS storeowners. How long have you been keeping saltwater? I would think with the amount of time you claim to have under your belt, you would be better inclined to understand how to make one work without the egos, dues and so forth. Not only that, if you have been keeping saltwater for as long as you claim to, by my calculations you should be anywhere from 45-50 years or older. Don't guys our age usually stop putting down other people and relax? Or maybe that's how the term "grumpy old men" came into being. Glad I'm not one of those. I'll be waiting for an intelligent reply. Will I get one?