Thread: New Fish Store
View Single Post
Old 06/20/2006, 08:13 PM
Registered Member

Zach, As far as where to open a shop, I say North West Side.

I have been looking into opening a bird store and come to find out I don't think it would do so well with just birds.
I believe the same would be for fish stores. I think for a fish store to do well here it would have to stock more than just fish and coral. I think making it a pet store would work better but your main stock could be reef stuff. That would bring in other clientele looking for pet supplies who have no desire to set up their own reef tank until they see a really good show tank in a pet store.

And I agree with others about pricing. Do some looking around, online and in town. And yes" THE INTERNET IS THE FUTURE" whether we like it or not. Making your shop accessible online will guarantee a wide array of clientele. Use an online shop to fund your in-town shop.

I know for a fact that other fish shops in town do so. Being some one who writes ads for various companies, I know first hand about Local Stores Using Intermnet to boost sales. Not just in advertising online but also selling online.