View Single Post
Old 04/14/2006, 09:25 AM
TOTM- June 2007

Quote:
Originally posted by MSM
I got my 180 stand (the one I copied from Sidewinder770) back from the powdercoater today:

Ahhhhh- the new and improved 2006 model! Looks sweet! You'll never regret going with steel and even more so powdercoating! So much more durable and looks 10x better than paint. Can't wait to see the finished product!

KNUCKLEHEAD- Thanks for the compliments. Only 23 pages......man- it sure seems longer than that! I've always liked the complete build threads and I'm just glad others have enjoyed mine and hope to see lots of people borrow from and improve upon a few ideas I had. And you are absolutely correct- great hobby and a great bunch of people here on RC.

TheCoralReef731- We used the black pond foam- the 'great stuff' is yellow and looks terrible for a long time IMO. The coraline started attaching fairly quickly and is almost completely covered now. The top 3-4 inches is taking the longest but I think that's due to the high light and even if it was just acrylic it would take a while.

Mishap- All in due time . I'll be sure to post some pics of the room once the cabinets are done and I don't have wood and tools laying all over the place. Currently we have a small couch in front of the tank to enjoy the view from. Once this cabinet work is done I will probably be getting a new super comfy couch or a pair of layboys or something to put in front of it. The great part of having the 30" tall tank is you can sit and enjoy it or walk right up to it and see everything without having to bend over. I'll be sure to post some whole room pics soon!

No progress on the stand this week really and I got a very full weekend so probably won't touch it again till next week. I'll be sure to post some pics of any progress.