View Single Post
Old 02/20/2006, 02:29 AM
Premium Member

We appreciate the accolades, but pls don't post just to let everyone know that you are "tagging along". All it does it spam everyone's Inbox unnecessarily (for those that are subscribed to this thread). Thanks

As for the AEFW battles :

Did our third treatment today. Started off with 4x (turned off ozone and removed all carbon). Waited 30 minutes and saw no major signs of distress from coral or fish and added another 2X dosage (for a total of 6X). Let this sit for a another 2 1/2 hours before starting up the canister filter with carbon, replacing the "in stream" carbon in the sump, re-enabling ozone, doing a small water change, and replacing the filter sock. Saw some large bristleworms laying about stunned. I removed the ones I could easily get to and the rest eventually recovered and moved on.

I didn't notice any AEFWs before, during or after the treatment. During the treatment I used a turkey baster to blast the medicine into the nooks and crannies and dead spot in the tank.

Has anyone seen the AEFWs migrating from one system to another through a shared sump ? I know that the LRBs did, but don't recall reading that the AEFWs would make that "journey".