View Single Post
Old 11/28/2005, 01:48 PM
Registered Member

Unhappy Clownfish hosting in something other than an anemone

Okay, I have some questions for you clown finatics. I like you, love clowns. However, I have a reef tank that is currently in transition to a predominant SPS tank. I just got a young tank bred clown, but it is not hosting in anything currently in my tank. He has been in there about a week. Here are a few of the corals that I have, in the tank. Large toadstool, several hundred stalks of xenia, star polyps, 2 brains, a large colt, rock flower anemone, and a large variety of button polyps. I also have several varieties of acros, montis, birdnest, etc... What would you suggest as an alternative to the classical anemones? I am afraid of the vast majority of anemones because of their size and mobility. I don't want to lose an entire tank of costly corals because of an anemone. These are a few that I have considered; frogspawn, hammer, or torch.

PS I recently saw a very large clown (not sure what variety) hosting in a large clam. This is something I would have never expected. Just thought you might find this interesting.