View Single Post
Old 10/24/2005, 08:53 PM
Stop touching me!!!

Whew, took me almost a week to get through all 31 pages... I am considering bilding this reactor or just buying the Coralife 250. I like the idea of building my own, but I think for $130 the Coralife one might be even cheaper... ANybody else know anybody who's used the Coralife one?

3 other questions:

1. I'm not sure which of the internal pipe joints are glued. Obviously they can't all be glued or you would not be able to refill the media. I suppose the joint near the lid is left unglued, but is that the truth.

2. If the CO2 buildup line is put in where the red button is built into the lid and then plumbed into a T where the CO2 feeds the recirc line prior to the pump, why wouldn't the CO2 just push directly to the lid where the button was. Also, how is the CO2 buildup drawn out. Is there any suction on that line from the recirc inlet line?

3. Lastly, why would you need an internal vacuum break? How could there be enough water in here for that to be a concern, especially if the water in and out of the unit are both at the sump?

WMTasker, if you had to do it again, would you buy or build?