Thread: DSB vs. no DSB?
View Single Post
Old 09/05/2005, 08:49 PM
Reefer

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamesurq
You're just not ever, ever, ever going to convince me that a sandbed is bad. I think barebottom is a fine way to go and it probably works great if you do it right. Just like I think sandbeds work well - if you do it right....

Stock the sand regularly.... And it doesn't have to cost you an arm and a leg to do it.
Well, I could be convinced they were bad if the convincing had some scientific merit, but I've seen very little scientific merit in the conversations from the DSB haters.

I've yet to see a bare-bottom tank with an ounce of wow-factor. But that's a personal preference; they just don't appeal to me.

Given proper care (which is minimal effort and some $$s), proper choice of livestock, and the appropriate-sized tank, I stand by everything you said, James. I think the bigger problem that remains (including discussion in this thread) is using the term DSB accurately. They must consist of the proper grain size distribution and depth. I think the former was a problem with your last grand sand swap too.