View Single Post
Old 08/12/2005, 03:13 PM
Pimping the Lady Boys

Analogy to diamonds is not right.

I see you dont get what I mean, or maybe you dont really want to get what I mean.

There are corals and fish in the hobby that will cost thosands, and is acceptable, take Centropyge boylei as an example, it is rare, it is known only from very remote islands and found in 200-300 feet, now when you tell me this fish is expensive I can understand why.

When you tell me that A.lorhowensis is expensive, I do not understand why, people in this fourm were saying it is not coming from Indonesia, and justifying the high price by saying it is coming only from Lord Howe island, then saying it came from Japan etc. whatever.
Indonesia? no it is not from there.
All the above comments I read IN THIS FORUM from people who wanted to justify the high price for this species.
Then I went to Singapore,that was 3 months ago, and I see hundreds of lordhowensis, the so called rare coral, at the same point of time people here were paying thousand or hundreds for small pieces of lords , while I see 250gallon plastic containers filled with lords that you cant see the plastic bottom, all sold for like 30.00-50.00 dollars and that price went up only cause the Singaporeans knew they can high price in America for this species.

If something is rare and expensive, it should be about the same all over, I remember back then on this forum somebody made an analogy for a Benz S600 V12 will cost in one place 150K in the other 250K due to higher tax, you'll never get it in 5K.