View Single Post
Old 07/21/2005, 03:49 PM
Registered Member

The thought behind this setup was simplicity - just two chambers. The idea was to just have a sump, no fuge.

The cheato I already have in a hang on converted filter to mini fuge. I thought it'd be a waste to get rid of it since I have it, so the first compartment was designed just to hold it. I do agree that the rubble could go as its benefits would be minimal.

As far as skimmer placement goes, it didn't think that the cheato would be sucking a whole lot of nutrients out of the water and thus with just the two chambers and no fuge there would still be plenty of gunk to skim out. I can rethink that.

I appreciate your opinion on the drip tray, I think I'll pass on that and just plum it straight into the first chamber. I haven't seen any other examples of that nor have I found any via search so I was curious of the advantages or disadvantages. Plus, I'm guessing it would be noisy.

At this point it looks like I'll just end up with a box of water with a skimmer and return pump in it. I guess you can't get much simpler than that. And, well, that's a sump.

I appreciate your feedback. Thanks.