Thread: Our Tbs
View Single Post
Old 05/01/2005, 06:12 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jnick
that run is so verticle - nevermind organization just right now use a long piece run it right then back left - let the water slow down and then work on baffling it at the end like I am trying to show - mine is behind opaque acrylic so I can't show you

is that pic the most recent one - your outlet hose is completely submerged - heck even getting it out and letting it hit agaist the side of your sump will disa pate the noise

how many gph are you running

why is your water level so high - does your aqua c dictate that?

do you have a cover over the area your water is dumping in to - I can not tell - looks like not

when you get your water falling more gently many of your bubbles will go away

on your skimmer , do you have an air-in hose - drop some water in it and let it clear is so or put your thumb over the hole - where is the wistle coming from

you need SLIME
Everything I read says to keep the drain line submerged at least a few inches but I'm game. At this point I'll try anything. I can't really make the hose go right then left. the hose won't flex that tight without kinking. I put new bulkheads in the tank that are threaded on each end. I can remake it out of PVC and come down to a 90 and go right and then put in 2 more 90's and come back left and then into the sump. One the line coming back I can increase the pipe size to 1-1/2" and that should slow it down some too. I think I may be able to do this with crap I have laying around. I will try it if anyone thinks it will work/help.

I don't know. The overflow is suppose to handle 600 GPH and I have a Mag 9.5 with maybe 4' of head but I open the valve to slow the flow into the tank.

I have a cover that covers half of that area and a piece that goes about 8" down so the water has to go under it.

I have about 11" of water in the skimmer section. the skimmer has to be in around 9" of water and I have it raised up some.

If I put my thumb over the air intake it shuts right up.