Thread: Our Tbs
View Single Post
Old 04/15/2005, 01:35 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by H2OLUVSME
Dennis, i think you just need enough room to get the skimmer in and out while the sump is in your stand. as long as its big enough for that, its big enough

i do see something with your baffles. when your water level in the return section goes down you will have two waterfalls pouring into it, creating new bubbles. remember my post about under/over/under

also with the refugium baffle, the water should come through there at a much slower pace, so not many bubbles will be created there. IMO, some will though. to reduce these, one single "under" baffle would trap bubbles and not reduce your return section volume.

i think you did an excellent job fabricating those baffles. it looks way better than any sump ive made. mine work good, but they dont look it

and, i really like your skimmer lift. i use a plastic flower pot turned upside down
Thanks Landon. The acrylic is really easy to work with. I used Weld-On #3 and it dries in about 30 seconds.

I must have missed that about the baffles. If you look at Melev's site he only has an over/under/over. It wouldn't be hard to add one more baffle. The acrlic is so easy to glue I could do it right in the sump.

Do you think the area in the refugium or return is too small?