View Single Post
Old 03/17/2005, 03:50 PM
Addicted to H2O

I really appreciate the kind words everyone. Likewise, if you ever have any suggestions, please feel free to speak up. I still have TONS to learn!

Quote:
Originally posted by PaPa_Johnny
If there's any interest!!! Will begging help? You have some of the greatest pictures Kayla. Tanks look excellent. Has the LTA monster stopped growing yet?
Thanks again! LOL well, I am a sucker for beggars...

The LTA is still continuing to overtake the tank! I would love to set up a simple 30g cube (or one with similar size/dimensions) in the future for just the clowns and anemone, but school combined with a lack of money means that's rather impossible currently. It would be great to have the extra space (more like half of the tank) in my 46g though.

Quote:
Originally posted by H2OLUVSME
my LFS keeps odrereing these gorgeous yellow and reds with huge (for a gorg) white polyps. they are great looking but only stay that way for a few days.
The difference is in just what you noted: the polyps' color. Gorgs with brown polyps are generally photosynthetic, whereas all gorgs with white polyps are not. For this reason, many people have problems keeping the non-photosynthetic species alive, as feeding is necessary for their survival. I personally have never kept a gorgonian that was not photosynthetic, so I cannot weigh in on their hardiness from experience.

HTH, Kayla

Life is the art of drawing without an eraser.