View Single Post
Old 03/03/2005, 04:34 PM
Premium Member

Sheesh, I didn't know anybody even checked this forum.

fishresponse, good to hear from an ex-South Dakotan. I am actually in Des Moines a few times per year. My fiancee moved here from Oskaloosa and that is where her family is. Last time I was down there was around Christmas time. My future bro-in-law introduced me to HOC and I got to see his amazing setup. He has since moved to Virginia. Did you get a chance to see his setup? I do usually hit the LFS's in Des Moines when I go through. There are a couple that I like. I don't remember the names. One is next to Hooters in a mall and the other one is in Altoona.

ultrinn, Wow, there is another person from Sioux Falls on here. I didn't know that. Glad to have you along. Maybe we can meet up sometime. You know anyone else around here that is into reefs? I know the guys at a couple of the tatto shops and sell them corals on occasion. I also know Dan and Mark from Mini Critters. Dan has a pretty neat 500 gallon bowfront in his home. Too bad he doesn't know more about taking care of corals though. He does have a lot of nice fish. Haven't seen Mark's 240 yet. The last time I saw his tanks they were literally so infested with algae that you couldn't see inside them. I used to keep in contact with Jim from Mini Critters too but haven't heard from him in a while and he got fired. Have you seen the tank at Executive Fireplace on Louise yet? It is pretty nice. Mini Critters used to maintain it and everything kept dying. Now I think a guy that used to work at the Omaha zoo is maintaining it and supposedly things are looking better. There was an article about that guy in the paper a couple days ago in the business section. It sounds like he is starting a business in town setting up and maintaining tanks for people.

Sorry for the rambling. Just excited that there is someone else from Sioux Falls on here. I wish we could get enough people together to start a club.