View Single Post
Old 01/13/2005, 12:47 PM
Registered Member

at this point the flow is cut back to about 30% on the tank. i'll take pics so everyone can see the ripples it makes. i'm surprised by the evap. rate of the tank. i'm only loosing about half to 3/4 of a gallon more then i was before.

i have the check valve made but haven't installed it yet. it will be in later this afternoon.
i put about an inch of sand in the tank and it's been running now for 2 weeks.

the concern everyone had was with salt creep. after 2 weeks of running, very little to no salt creep at all. i'll post pics of what has built up.

lighting is in the works. i should have it in place by this comming week. again running 2-75 wtt vho's one aitenic(sp) and one 10k plus a ushio 250 mh 10k. all about 10-12" about the water. with a pully system to raise and lower the light for viewing.

i'm currently working on a group buy with MAAST.com members for clam stock. i'm looking to get about 10 or so to put in the system.

i transplanted my sun coral into the clam tank and will most likely leave it in there for easy feeding of it. ( eats the same items as the clams to).

water quality in the tank is every high. and i've been testing consistanly to check for any variances. i did run into a slight salinity spike the first few says. i added about 1.5 gal to much salt water to the system and as it evap. it spiked the salt lever about 1.028. which is now down to it's normal 1.024 leavel with water changes.

ph is at 8.1-8.2
calcium is at 420-440 with kalk drip
0 nitrate and 0 nitrites.

again pics to be posted as soon as i have some free time.

thanks for the intrest