View Single Post
Old 12/23/2004, 05:25 AM
Registered Member

Not that simple. its called simpathy for living creatures. I think its wrong to treat them the way 6th avenue does (its bad enough that we rip them from the ocean, the least we can do is prevent needless death and suffering). This thread is meant to provide a forume for people's opinions. To me, this provides an ideal place to say how much 6th avenue and stores like 6th avenue suck.

If you feel the way I do, simply not shopping at 6th avenue is not enough. I feel it is my duty to convince other people also not to shop there. Many of them (especially newbies) may not know any better and think places like 6th avenue are the norm. Hopefully this thread will inform people that 6th avenue is not the norm.

By the way, it seems like every 6 months or so we have this "6th avenue sucks" discussion. I think what we should be talking about instead is why people go there and buy from them even though they know the store sucks. It sounds like money talks and reason/compassion walks in this hobby. For experienced reefers (who know better) to say that they shop at 6th avenue because 6th Avenue is cheap and all the other stores are so expensive is lame cop out. This hobby is not cheap and nor should it be (just look at all the expense and effort it takes to get these animals to us). Taking care of these animals properly is expensive. If you want cheap then stick to freshwater.