View Single Post
Old 11/24/2004, 01:08 PM
Don't make me use this

LOLLOL

A guy I used to know had a bluering in his reef. Died a few months later......it was a female holding sperm; she laid eggs which I suppose were eaten. He had no business with a tank period, let alone a bluering. Fishkiller, coralkiller.

Anyone with pics of their bluerings???
I've got a customer that would like a bimac, and keeps asking about bluerings. I won't get them, neither will the owner of the shop I manage.

I'm always one to play the risktaker, ADD and all, but why tempt fate with something that's going to kill you if you mess up?

Sorry to sound like a party pooper here, but c'mon.....I kinda agree that this is a species that should be put under the dangerous species act. At least a permit should be required. A certain amount of liability rests, and is absent from too many retailers, and surely with wholesalers. How would you feel if you sold someone a bluering and they got bitten and couldn't be revived????? I personally wouldn't be able to forgive myself. Maybe I'm a bit to empathetic and too worked up here, (I sound like my father).

Just my 2c. Not trying to rain on anyone's parade. I'm sure you guys and gals will be o.k. with the bluering.

Nate