View Single Post
Old 11/22/2004, 07:42 PM
Registered Member

where is it written that just becuase there is a 10% discount given that that negates good relations, fair pricing, meeting people and so forth? I am not a big buyer. I have a small tank. I would not expect and have never been offered a "good deal" or "mark down" price just becuase I was recognized as a return customer. the discount if offered does not hurt anyone. for those that have the clout to be "A list customers" or can shop without looking at the price, congratulations, but for more that a few people saving a buck is not considered an act of cruelty to a store. I just fail to understand when getting or using a discount became a shameful act. I understand if the idea is to "keep it simple" and so not have a "discount program' to pitch to stores. ok I see that. I dont see the idea that I will somehow get a good deal just out of the blue. I agree with meeting people as the main reason to join, not just to be a cheap skate. anyway in the long run it wont make a difference to me, just seems to me that as was already mentioned discounts are generally a win win. store draws in customers, purchasers get a slight savings.