View Single Post
Old 10/01/2004, 03:44 AM
Registered Member

i used to dose all kinds of products....too much reading the backs of everything i found in the lfs. i had my hair algae plague for over a year in both my 60 gal. and 6 gal. tanks. then i started dripping kalk for make-up water and using natural sea water (nsw) from sea water express and everything is peachy! my lights aren't special, only pc, but i get growth. every once and a while i add some magnesium/strontium/iodide to the mix. even add the reef plus (which, btw, makes you skimmer go wild -- i.e. turn it off for a couple hours!). but see no big changes with these.

i personally feel that the kalk and the nsw are the key factors to the health of my tanks. oh, and the frequent water changes (half gal. every 2-3 days in nano and 25% every 2-3 weeks in 60 gal.). i truly believe that the nsw is superior to artificial, as it should be! water quality is something i think most people take for granted...salt water is salt water. not true for me. low grade salt? high grade salt? how do you know?
anyway, my two cents for what it's worth!