View Single Post
Old 01/19/2004, 08:34 PM
T.O. = F.U.

Quote:
Originally posted by PaintGuru
Two, the cheap shot was a marginal at best. It was not obvious that he was touched down (other than by grabbing his shoe lace) so the play was allowed to continue. If you're going to play football, learn to take a hit.

Ah yes, blame the officials, it is always their fault for a teams loss.
There is a rule that is strongly enforced in the NFL its specifically the protection of a DEFENSELESS PLAYER. A guy laying on the ground, would you call him defenseless??? It doesn't matter if he was touched down or not. It qualifies as a cheap shot when the guy is laying on the ground, needing if you didn't think he was down a nice little tap, but the cheap shot is piling into him rolling him over. How would it feel to have a 300lb guy using your rib cage as a spring? It was ridiculous and you are a total idiot if you think it was legal or called for. If you don't care about the game and just want to see a team win, it was great, otherwise it was total bull$hit.

Blame the officials, well normally I never look at officials. Their human and make mistakes, but there is something terribly wrong with the officials changing the way the game is played. When a wide receiver had his pads hanging out of his jersey and he never hit the ground, he was held, but according to those officials no.

Yes my avatar is gone, team dedication, umm your an idiot. I changed the title as it would have been stupid considering their season is over. Come on people get a clue! As for team dedication, I wore their Jacket today, I am more dedicated as a fan than you will ever know.

lilbuddy,
you didn't see much bad officiating??? What game were you watching, both games were called poorly yesterday...
How bout the touchback, illegal touching placed on the 8, or the steve smith fumble they called, overturned, of the catch freddie mitchell made, called wrong, and the pinkston missed call for holding when he was thrown literally to the ground, or the offensive interference call on pinkston that was bogus, at best, and especially the unnecessary roughness not called for hitting a defenseless player. And those are just the bad calls that are on the tip of my tongue. THere are plenty others. Only 1 bad call was made against the panthers, the fumble. Every other call as terribly against the Eagles. Oh and if you want to say it was a legal hit on McNabb is was poor officiating not to blow the whistle, he was down, he shoe wasn't on his foot.
Even Collinsworth and Aikman, two idiots if I've ever seen one saw the calls and were commenting, and they hate the Eagles.. You people are blind if you didn't see them.