View Single Post
Old 01/03/2004, 02:05 AM
Reefer

I'm having the same problem with my tank! Tons of aiptasia. Hers's my strategy. I've let my caulerpa grow uncontrolled so that they've taken over the top of the tank. Most of the aiptasia have moved up into the grape caulerpa to get at the light. Some of the bigger ones stayed behind.

After months of this (most of my corals are softies and zoos and they've barely hung on). I yanked out the caulerpa and dozens upon dozens of aiptasia. All that I'm left with are the big guys and a few smaller stragglers.

I then introduced 12 small Lysmata wurdemani (peppermint shrimp) and I plan on getting some Joe's Juice. The peps have slowly been taking out the smaller aiptasia and I'm hoping to get rid of the big guys with J's J.

In time, I'm gonna hopefull get rid of the peps (they're already making a huge dent in my pod population!) by giving them back to my LFS when all the aiptasia are gone.

PITA these aiptasia are. But things are looking up in my tank! And this hasn't been the case in many months! I almost gave up reefing all together because of the aiptasia. But my wife kept urging me to figure out a solution. Glad I stuck with it!