Thread: Blue jaw
View Single Post
Old 01/11/2008, 01:36 PM
Premium Member

Blue jaw

Well, yesterday, after eating like crazy the first night I had him and all the first day too, the new blue jaw spent most of the day hiding and did not eat. Of course, now I have overfed my tank trying to get him to eat ANYTHING at all...late in the day, he acted like he wanted to eat, but would spit out the food...

Today, he is out and about a little more, I overfed AGAIN.. trying to see what he liked... fed a variety of pellets, flakes, cycloppeze, mysis...blood worms..all soaked in garlic,... yes, way too much and I am sure my tank will be paying for it soon...anyway...he ate a little bit, but nothing like he did the first night and day... what is UP with the fish? It also, looks like there might have been some scuffling in the night because one of my Bowtie DAM sels looks a little roughed up....but ate like a pig... in fact, all my other fish are very happy I am overfeeding! LOL

Is he just still adjusting or is he sick???? I HOPE NOT!!!... He was at the store for over 2 months and I saw him eat at the store before I bought him...
please help me with my new Blue Jaw... I really want him to do well!

Thanks.