Old 01/11/2008, 09:36 AM
Carpe Noctem

Quote:
Originally posted by jnarowe
beautiful shots Hopster!
Thanks Jnarowe!

Quote:
Originally posted by ksouers
Key West at New Year's was great practice! Lots of "wild life" to photograph. Everything from a Fuzzy Elvis to Cleopatra
Now she's given me a shopping list of lenses she wants. LOL
Of course, nothing from the AE-1 is usable on the Rebel.

The dinos are still here. Since I was away for a week they got out of hand and are now starting to get on the rocks. It wasn't as bad as I thought when I first saw it. I ended up scooping out the infected sand and picked it out as best I could. A bunch came out in sheets and was easily discarded. I soaked the sand in kalkwasser, that killed what was left. So, I'm pretty much back were I started. There is a spot in the back corner I can't reach and I just noticed a spot pop up in the sand that I "cleaned". I haven't shortened the photo period, though I did unplug the 250w MH while I was gone since that's the end where the dinos are and just left the 150w to light the tank. Didn't help much. I may try the 3 days of dark next week. I've tried it before but it didn't seem to do anything. This time I'm thinking of wrapping the tank so NO light gets in.

The new tank is going up in a couple weeks so I'm just trying to keep them from taking over. Going to start over with new substrate. I'll clean off the small amount on the rocks, maybe cook them for a few weeks since it's only two rocks infected so far. The sump/fuge is clean, so I'll use it as is. There is enough sand not infected I'll have plenty to seed the new tank.
Well good luck. I hope yours goes away and then doesn't bring in the next wave like mine did. I'm really thinking that I should have cooked all that baserock I used in the tank so I could have skipped this, but oh well, live and learn.

Quote:
Originally posted by Bax
Great shots!!!

Wish I could shoot a macro to save my life
Thanks Bax... I'm just learning. This round was from playing with the f-stop and exposure. I think I'm making progress, at least in the guessing world

Quote:
Originally posted by Radicaljbr
Great pics!!

I do not think my tank will ever look that nice!
Actually the tank is still bouncing back from a couple algae phases. Rather than panicking this time, I'm going slow and letting the phases go away while controlling what is put in the tank, removal and husbandry. Thank you