View Single Post
Old 01/11/2008, 07:52 AM
m0delgator

Quote:
Originally posted by limitedslip
Please dont tell me you wear spandex and the funny helmet when you ride that thing.....
No way, dude. Cool people don't wear helmets. It's way more awesomer to splatter your brains on the sidewalk than to be safe and protected! And who the heck would want to wear appropriate garb that was designed for a particular sport!

Quote:
Nice IRO! Looks like the geometry is perfect for tearing up the streets.

Ever checked out fixedgeargallery.com? The FGG forums are almost as addicting as ReefCentral forums.

I wish my bike was that nice. I've just got an old Nishiki sport frame and some formula track hubs. I'll never forget the fear that hit me when I first road it down the street after building it and habitually tried to "coast".
The majority of my riding right now is done on tri/TT bikes, so I'm used to an incredibly steep position. This is actually gonna be really shallow and relaxed for me. I'll take a peek at FGG but the last thing I need is another set of forums to be addicted to!

I actually have an old Nishiki frame in the garage, but it's in really bad shape and kinda small for me. I have had it for a year or two and have been planning on converting it, but finally decided to just pull the trigger on this instead. The one I got was from their scratch and dent section (chainstay is scrached, no big deal) so it was nearly as cheap as a complete build kit would have been for the Nishiki.

It is scheduled for delivery on Monday, but I'll be on the road all week for work so it'll be until next weekend that I get to ride it.