View Single Post
Old 01/11/2008, 12:17 AM
...da Purple People Eater

Since Frank could not make it to the event, I am willing to present a short topic on monitoring water quality and the significance of Calcium and Alkalinty. Let me know if there is an interest.

If so, I will also bring some test kits and everyone is welcome to bring a sample of water for testing. Bring at least 50cc of water with no corals in that sample.

I will also provide some RC links for review and online calculators that serve as a good resource.

Here is a sampling of what I may bring. If you see something of interest, mention it. All my bids will start at $1 unless otherwise stated.

Any corals that I bought from Vince will only be brought if he is not bringing it.

First up is an Orange and Teal Tiger Scolemia. Price is $100. I paid more and I have had it for over a year. It eats shrimp about once a month and gets fed with other stuff weekly. Matt has dibs on this coral. If he does not want it then the next interested party can buy it. This LPS has a 4x3 skeleton and inflates to about 5x6 in my nano tank. It needs a bigger home! It reaches out and touches everything near it. It is a low threat to other corals. Will make any reef tank that much better. This is a show piece coral.

Pink Zoos

Tyree LE Green Birds Nest – From Vince – I won’t bring this if he is bringing some. But I have had this frag for about 4 months and it grows very fast. It is five + times the original size.

Pink Birds Nest from Vince. Good grower, but not as fast as the one above. I got them both at the same time. They are right next to each other in the tank.

Armegeddon palythoa Will likely only bring one polyp and bidding will start at $15. These are large nickel sized heads and stalks about 1” long.

Purple Montipora digitata. This coral grows fast but is mostly brown at the present time. I have had this coral become a super bright purple, but it tends to be light sensitive and I have not found the right spot for it in my tank. I will have plenty of frags.

Organ Pipe. I started with a ˝” frag and just look at it now. I have had this about 10 months. I will have several frags starting at a buck.

Acropora accules another coral from Vince. Same rule applies, if he is bringing some, I won’t.