View Single Post
Old 01/10/2008, 11:55 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Gary Majchrzak
I agree, but keeping a porc in a 65 gallon reef aquarium is a waste of time and money.
Perhaps I should just rephrase this:
it's a bad idea.
You know what I think I misunderstood your "waste of time and money" comment...sorry. I have to agree that in THIS case it is a big waste of time and money. In a properly set up reef that is not overstocked and big enough, it can work out great. BUT you really have to understand the limitations and go slow. You will not be able to just keep anything you like. I guess basically, it has to be a very simple reef. It can still be a very nice set up though. Like I said earlier, my brothers 400G looks great but he understands the limitations of keeping puffers in a reef tank...plus his 400G has ONLY the Porcupine Puffer and Stars and Stripes Puffer. No other fish because even just these two alone create a huge load on the tank. His stars and Stripes eats 4-6 prawns every 2 days! The porc eats about 2. Plus they get clams, mussels, squid and all kinds of treats inbetween. Its really quite amazing watching the S&S eat a prawn whole.