View Single Post
Old 01/10/2008, 02:50 PM
Registered Member

Sydney,

Yes, I was talking about marine life. I donīt think you will have any problems bringing your dog and cat with the propper documents. Me or my wife wouldnīt consider leave our bullterrier behind either, even if we were moving to moon...

Seahorses here costs about US$ 30,00 and are easy to find. Imported cowfishes are available sometimes, but not always. Best shot is pre-order one from a trustable LFS which can order it specific for you. May take a couple months but you get it. Donīt know any store in S J Campos, but I believe there are some. Post a thread in a local forum (IPAQ - www.ipaq.org.br or Reecorner - www.reefcorner.org) and someone will inform you about shops around (you can post in english). But best is to came to Sao Paulo sometimes, best stores are here. There are also online stores that can ship for you.

You can get Red Sea Max here. More expensive than in CA but if you have all other equipments wonīt hurt that much. Glass made tanks are not expensive, just make sure to order from a trustable store (I would stay with Red Sea Max if the size fits for you). I recommend Fishland (www.fishland.com.br). Talk to Ricardo Rio which is the owner. Very nice guy. He lived in San Diego for a year, so language should not be a problem. It is one of the best LFS here.

Fish and corals are also available, but more expensive and in less availability than USA, specially top SPS and australian frags. You also can get cheaper and nice frags at Foruns and make new friends in the process...

Fell free to make as many questions as you wish. You will find out that we brazilian are a very friendly people. There are many reefers here, you wonīt be alone !...

I have a very close cousin that lives in Vancouver, and his wife is from Caraguatatuba (her father still lives there). If you need any input Iīm sure they will be very happy to help you. Just let me know and I put you guys in contact.

Quote:
Originally posted by Sydney Stahl
Hi Wesley,
I kinda figured as much. I was hoping I might find a way to get them there, though. I hate the idea of parting with my little ponies and my crouton (well, I guess he's larger than a crouton now!)

You mentioned not bringing animals. I assume you mean the seahorses and my little cowfish? I have been doing research on bringing my Newfoundland dog and my cat to Brasil and the consulate says as long as I have my vets certificate in order it will be no problem. Leaving him behind is not an option....he is like my child.

What is the cost of seahorses there? Also, have you seen cowfish for sale there? Do you have the names of any good fish stores in Sao Paulo or San Jose Dos Campos? We are considering Caraguatatuba as our home base.

Thanks for the heads up on equipment. I am planning on bringing my Schuran Jetskim 200, Arcadia 2x 250watt metal halide hood, my ASM G3, Schuran Calcium reactor and many other equipment items. The only thing I won't be bringing are my tanks. How expensive are tanks there? Get you get the Red Sea Max or something similar? What are costs of tanks there? What about fish and corals?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just excited to find a fellow reefer in the same area that we will be moving to!!!!

Last edited by wcpeixoto; 01/10/2008 at 02:56 PM.