View Single Post
Old 01/10/2008, 01:16 PM
Premium Member

First and foremost... no progress on the VISA front and I do realize that my current tank does not belong in this forum but I already have this thread so I'm keeping it alive, though barely... anyway.

I'm finally back again after a week long diving trip in the Red Sea... I highly recommend Hurghada Egypt for diving, truly excellent. I was glad to discover that my preparations for my mini UK reef and worked out and everything was doing very well on my return. I have posted some pictures below.

pcostanzo - thanks for the kind comment on the picture, I was very happy with it. I was lucky to get some good pictures in Egypt as well, perhaps I'll post those later. I highly recommend India, its still a wonderful place to visit but the number of tourists in the popular places is usually a drag... I'm assuming this will only get worse so the sooner the better. I'm looking forward to going back soon and possible visiting Nepal his time.

Jon - I checked your thread and I'm glad your tank is under control but I'm sorry to hear about that Vortec problem you had. I'm have an idea as to how your could grow your initials in zoos. You could create a ridge of rocks in your initials and drop one color zoo on it, while growing a large flat carpet of zoos in another color. Once the initials are overgrown you can place them on top of the flat carpet and with some trimming you could probably keep the initials fairly clear, probably one of the dorkier ideas in modern reef keeping but good luck..... BTW i have way to much time to think about this kind of crap.

Proud Registered ORCA Member