View Single Post
Old 01/10/2008, 01:01 PM
Premium Member

Matt, the wider nozzle was why I was considering the 6201. But wow, they will stick out quite a bit more than the VTs do. I am just getting fed up with the noise. We do use the AS to control our VTs (I have a set of wired and wireless drivers modded, just to see if there was any difference.. the modded wireless ones were a little better, but still not great imo). I had read that the VTs have a more dispersed flow than the Tunzes, but for a larger tank I wonder just how much of a problem this would really be ? As the flow moves through the tank the "cone" of water would expand and grow, so it may not really matter for us.

There is also alot of talk of the "underflow" created by the VTs. I have seen it myself w/ ours, but I don't get why it would be any different w/ a Tunze.. I mean the water that goes out the nozzle has to come from somewhere.

I am not looking forward to seeing the larger (uglier) Tunzes in our tank, but the noise from the VTs is just about to drive me crazy. (and I cleaned ours just a month ago... they have been at this noise level since a day or so after putting them in -- and letting them break back in and quiet down). So it isn't about a dirty VT or tank wall.