View Single Post
Old 01/10/2008, 01:20 AM
Registered Member

Taking a break from the hobby.Everything goes.

Hey folks I know its been sometime and most have wondered what has become of me and my tanks. Well long story short I have had some serious downs with the tanks and lots of family stuff including a few deaths which hasn't helped. So after lots of long hard debate I have decided to take a break from the hobby after 6 years and liquidate everything I have. I am only 30 so I still have lots of time to find my way back into the hobby which I am confident I will just now is not the time and I don't want to store what I have .

First to go will be corals, live rock,clams and fish. Equipment will be after all live goods are gone. The more you buy the better deal I will cut .

Most importantly is I need to find a very good home for a pair of maroon clowns a 9 year old female and a 2 year old male plus their host . A very large anemone. 24" diameter easy largest captive anemone I have seen besides at huge aquariums like Shed ect. . Needs a 2ft wide tank .Also need lots of light 250mh at least and moderate to low flow . If I know you its all good .If I don't then you will have to let me know how long you have been in the hobby and all the good info about your tank plus have someone I know vouch for you . $300obo

Another fish that needs to go to a well kept home is my 5" PBT I have had this guy for 6 years .He has delt with ick and kicked it natually a few times since I have had him anyways he is ick free as of now . I love him to death . He his well mannered very nice blue (cream of the crop). Considering he is basically tank raised or well adjusted to captive life. Lives in a 180g $100 obo

Next is my Vlamingii Tang I raised him from 50cent size and he is now 8+ inches. Anyways he is very friendly eats from the hand and just a plain good citizen. Loves to stare at you $100 obo

Medium/large Male madirian. Does not eat anything but live food . Lives in my 180 with 200+lbs of live rock and is very fat and healthy. $20

Black cap basset large. This guy is big and hard to catch. Very rich color. $40

Pair of PJ cardinals. $20

lubbucks wrasse $20

1 small female perc tank raised ora $15

-----------------------------------------------------
LIVE ROCK
$3 lb and I have alot 400lbs or so . Over the 6 years in this hobby I have collected alot of very nice rock some I have paid up to $9 a pound, everything from huge show pieces, tonga, tonga branch,tonga deep water, bali ;marshall islands, kaline , figi ect. This is all well established rock with an abundance of life .

First round of equipment .

Tunze wavebox Like new Yes Like new . I just recently bought a new updated pump as the orginal died. I guess it was a know issue on ealier wavebox but corrected with the newer pump. Also the impellor is brand new also . So the controller and housing are the only things not new. Asking $425

Large dual chamber calcium reactor filled with fresh ARM media. Ran my fully stock 180g sps with no problems . Comes with nice 5lb aluminum co2 bottle but no regulator as it fried in an undertank water hose break. $275

Americale 600gph hang on the back overflow with new brand new U tube $35

Martini Low range phosphate Colorimeter. $135 has lots of test left.

Ati Bubble master 150 skimmer seen very little use $300

Tropic marin Pro coral elements A and K almost full very little used Paid 32 a bottle sell both for $40

I will add corals later......... If any prop member is read please contact me as I want to make some coral donations. As I feel bad for the death of prop corals that were in my care.

Thx Chris

Last edited by clkwrk; 01/10/2008 at 02:00 AM.