View Single Post
Old 01/09/2008, 09:34 PM
Registered Member

I started reading the Newbie thread a bit ago. I am up to page 15 of the 47. The advice is great and the Star Wars and Harry Potter references have me practically falling out of the chair. Unfortunately I have to work in order to pay for my new hobby...oh, yeah and provide for my family.

I still wait patiently for the cycle to complete. My ammonia is still spiked at 8.0 and nitrites are also still spiked a 5.0, as a matter of fact none of the readings have changed. So, no algae bloom yet. One good thing is that the flow of money out of my wallet has slowed down a bit. Well, at least the monies that were going to the aquarium have slowed. The book stores are still making a killing off me.

I look forward to when I start dropping money on fish, invert's, and coral. I wonder if this is considered a hobby, or addiction? I haven’t even gotten this one going and I already know exactly where I will put my 300 gallon aquarium when we eventually remodel our home. Much to my wife’s dismay. Yep, can’t even count on an intervention for this habit. Because all my friends and family want one now! Nothing better than a happy junkie with potential junkie friends and family!