View Single Post
Old 01/09/2008, 04:26 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dxtr
it's ok that the water is not surface skimming, mine does this frequently when I top off with Ro/Di water. I removed the BioBallz and replaced with LR rubble and a little cheato int he 2nd chamber.

Draped over the wall to the 3rd chamber I have a modified filter pad to collect detrius and other "undesirables". It also eliminated the falling water or pouring water noise.

The MIN/MAX water line I utilize for adding top off water. When it gets down to MIN, I have alot of bubble sint he tank due to not enough water.

I have not had this happen; however, I believe if you fill that 3rd chamber too far past he MAX line, will the tank not overflow over the top?
I have the water entering through my first chamber. It goes thru my skimmer and filter pad. It overflows into chamber two. I have the overflow tray in chamber two (still using the bio balls) and I have filter floss on top of the over flow tray. I use my carbon and phosban bags in the bottom of the 3rd (sump) chamber.

I always fill mine above the MAX water line and have had no overflow problems at all.

Now I have a question. If you have cheato in 2nd chamber, how are you getting light to that chamber? Did you remove the stock BC hood?
Indigo Dotty/tr
2 button polyp
gsp
candy cane
zoa
ricordia rock
open brain
5 turbos
5 hermits
30 lb ls / 27lb lr