View Single Post
Old 01/09/2008, 12:10 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by RumLad
FWIW, In his case, I think the tank could be safely built with the front edge resting solely on the plywood, as the back edge is currently doing.
No, it couldn't, because there is no structural support between the cabinet doors to carry the weight of the front of the tank (that's what the 2x6 header and 2x4 legs are for). On the back, the plywood supports the center span, with some cutouts to cut down on furniture weight. Hence, no 2x members on the back of the stand.

As for your "bashing" comments, in some instances, maybe I have been harsh on you because I interpreted your comments as being sarcastic, witty zingers. In fact, you were just ill-informed and didn't thoroughly follow the cabinet build (ie, asking why I used 2x members if plywood is strong enough by itself, while ignoring the circumstance).

However, just as many of your comments were just way off topic and argumentative, while serving no purpose (ie. the water police). I'm not taking the time to get back into it, but you get the point.

Think before you type, especially consider how it will be read across the country on someone else's computer, without facial expressions and tones of voice.

-Dustin